-
K3b (Cd & DVD) Burning
is it because this KNOPPIX 3.9 is a boot CD & not the real Operating System that you would install to a hard drive,
Because I have tryed on multiple computers and multiple types of Burners (CD/DVD Combo's, DVD Burners & Standard
CD Burners) and the DEFAULT settings for K3b keep giving me errors
Example on this Burner (cd recorder returned an unknown error code 12)
(cannot allocate memory)
it does say please send an e-mail with the last output (I tryed to save on floppy. . . . I am totally lost)
-
I'm also using KNOPPIX 3.9, and I had the same problem (cdrecord returning error code 12). A Google search didn't turn up anything usefull. But I found a workaround:
In K3b, choose Configure K3b... in the Settings menu. In the Writing Settings, select the Advanced tab. Select "Manual writing application selection," and click Ok.
Now when you open the Burn dialog, you can select the writing app K3b uses (tab Writing, under Burning Device). Choose "cdrdao" instead of "cdrecord" or "Auto".
This solved all problems for me.
HTH
Similar Threads
-
By Shorinusa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
-
By zeroshard in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By Guider in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 08:59 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 08:08 AM
-
By sblacklord in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) DECserver 200/MC Terminal Server
$79.95

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00