-
Can the Knoppix Live CD provide the Hardware list ?
I am about to download KNOPPIX for some work here.
I have a friend who has a donated PC, without any clue about the details of the Hardware.
Moreover, the BIOS is locked, and is set to First Boot from the CD, so I can use Knoppix to detect all hardware.
My question is.....
Will Knoppix provide the List of the Hardware he has?
Please tell me how do I access the Service from the Knoppix Live Cd.
Thank you.
Never used Knoppix. 
I am trying to use Knoppix to detect the motherboard, so we can find a manual online, and Reset the BIOS.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
You will get some information on the chipset, graphics adapter and PCI devices from K-Symbol --> System --> InfoCenter --> PCI.
If it's a desktop computer, you can also open the case and look for the information printed on the motherboard.
-
Thanks a lot for the help guys.
I will first take a closer look at the motherboard.
Moreover, the sticker and other Labels revealed its identity.
It is an IBM Netvista 635025u.
Thanks again for listing the possible options.
I will make use of them in further Troubleshooting of problems.
Similar Threads
-
By Alexey931 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
-
By nvgringo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-02-2005, 05:22 AM
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By kayl in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 11:48 AM
-
By stefan_isaacs in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00