-
Locking up not playing nice Box :(
Well I just built a new Knoppix box and I have been trying to load stuff and it behaves sometimes. Right now I am in the bios checking the tempatures for the CPU and the system. It isnt overheating but its not staying very cool either. It is possible my Hard-drive is overheating but it doesnt feel abnormally hot to me. Steady tempature for the CPU is 93f and 100f for the box.
Basically the thing locks up on me randomly when I am apt-get installing and when I click on the little K icon just randomly sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps I am getting some sort of error but I wouldnt know because I havent been able to get into the system.log files yet.
Any suggestions to what may be the cause would be very helpful.
Similar Threads
-
By jbeck in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 08-15-2006, 09:20 AM
-
By Wh0M3 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2006, 08:09 PM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By Zeus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:52 AM
-
By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00

Supermicro SYS-222H-TN 2U 2x 6780E 144 Core 1.5TB DDR5 8x7.68TB NVME Rails
$79657.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00