Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Error: updfstab.conf Not Found

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Error: updfstab.conf Not Found

    I have an error message that, while it does not seem to affect anything, is annoying.

    On bootup I see the message display:

    "/etc/updfstab.conf file or directory not found"

    I can find no evidence of any such file in /etc.

    This does not appear to be a critital file, but how do I either put the file back in or just get rid of this message?

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    What version are you running? Is this on a HD install of Knoppix or a running from CD Knoppix? You could try to find what file is pointing to it by using grep at the command line:
    grep -iRn 'updfstab.conf' /etc/*

    I hope this helps.
    James

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    More Updfstab Info

    It's a HD install v. 3.7.

    I'm at work so I can't do grep. But a little googling on the web revealed the updfstab.conf file points to the utility "updfstab" as is in:

    updfstab - update /etc/fstab

    to reflect removable devices

    Maybe I just anwered my own question.

    sakiZ

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    No Solution Yet Here is Grep

    Ok, here is the result of doing:

    grep -iRn 'updfstab.conf' /etc/*

    grep: /etc/alternatives/btcompletedir.1.gz: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/alternatives/gimp: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/alternatives/j2sdk-config: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/alternatives/moc: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/alternatives/qt: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/alternatives/rclock: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager.1.gz: No such file or directory
    grep: warning: /etc/apache/conf: recursive directory loop

    grep: /etc/cups/certs: Permission denied
    grep: /etc/cups/classes.conf: Permission denied
    grep: /etc/cups/cupsd.conf: Permission denied
    grep: /etc/cups/knoppix.convs: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/cups/knoppix.types: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/cups/printers.conf: Permission denied
    grep: /etc/knoppix/etc/cups/certs: Permission denied
    grep: /etc/knoppix/etc/cups/knoppix.convs: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/knoppix/etc/cups/knoppix.types: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/knoppix/etc/cups/pdftops.conf: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/passwd-: Permission denied
    grep: /etc/rcS.d/S99iptables: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/ssh: Permission denied

    Is this helpful?

    (I had thought I'd try looking at the CD to see if I could find the updfstab.conf file. It is not on the CD. Is this file needed? If not, I'd be happy with somehow just turning it off somehow.

    I ran the updfstab utility. It gives me the same error message:

    error opening /etc/updfstab.conf: No such file or directory

    sakiZ

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Fixed it!!

    After reading up on what's supposed to go in the updfstab.conf file, I created a simple one with the following info.

    No more error message!


    symlink false

    device cdrom {
    symlink true
    match cdrom
    }

    device zip {
    match hd zip
    match floppy "zip"
    }



    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. Hostname not found error
    By paradigm_shift in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 01:36 AM
  2. Error: Only one processor found
    By Aelthric in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
  3. Error: only one processor found
    By jhweeks in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 10:33 PM
  4. error:only one procssor found
    By frankino in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
  5. Error: only one processor found !?!
    By sepht in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)

$69.95



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880

$7.00



TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board  picture

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board

$345.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00