-
Senior Member
registered user
g++ and deprecated iostream???
OK, I used to use and teach g++ a lot. In the last 2 years or so, I've switched to java. So, I guess I'm out of the loop when is comes to any g++ standards changes now a days. KNOPPIX has GNU GCC which includes g++ and using this I can write/compile/execute a standard helloworld.cc like:
Code:
//helloworld.cc MrG 2005.0609
//compile: g++ -o helloworld helloworld.cc
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
string n;
cout << "What's your name? ";
cin >> n;
cout << "Hi, " << n << ", how about a nice game of chess?" << endl;
return 0;
}
However, on some distros lately I find that neither this program, nor anything else based on iostream, will compile correctly! Case in point, BCCD. Now, the author of that distro says that iostream and a number of other classes are depreicated but he still included all the *.h files in /include/c++/backward. So, I tried g++ -o helloworld helloword.cc -I/include/c++/backward to no avail. I also tried #include "/include/c++/backward/iostream.h" wothout any joy.
Anyone out there familiar with this problem know how to get around it?
TIA,
AJG
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00