Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: age old Q. 6800gt or x800xl please help!!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in the fiery pitts of doom
    Posts
    11

    age old Q. 6800gt or x800xl please help!!!

    I'm building my pc and it's going to have have a msi k8n neo4 platinum, and a amd 3800+ venic core, and a bunch of other crap. but I am stuck with the video card (and lcd ). I am either going to have a MSI NX6800GT-T2D256E (pcie), or a SAPPHIRE 100105U Ultimate Edition Video Card (x800xl pcie). the ati one is cheaper, but dosn't have a good software bundle. the msi one has a good bundle but $30 more expensive, and the compasitores may interfear with the heat sink of the nvida4 chip set (not realy sure if that is true.) The cards are almost the same, both quiet, both oc-able, both linux compatible. I will be playing halo, and not many reviews test the fps for them. would someone please help! also I am stuck between a view sonic vx924 and the VP171B(and the 19in. verson of the vp). if there is any thoughts please say what you think! Thank you!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Have you checked out the forums at anandtech.com or hardocp.com? Those 2 sites & forums are perfect for this type of question.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in the fiery pitts of doom
    Posts
    11
    no, will try now

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in the fiery pitts of doom
    Posts
    11
    well, now I think I will go with nvida, due to the sli so I can upgrade later (yes I know about cross fire, but for some reason I have always liked nvida better). nvida is only $30 more expensive. but if there is a really good 6800gt card (pcie) "good" meaning good heat sink and more overclocking possibilies. thanks! and can any one help me with the monitores I listed above? thanks again!

Similar Threads

  1. Geforce 6800GT only running @ 60Hz
    By benny12345 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 03:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00