-
Virtual Pc Nightmare!
Ok, I'm having problems multiply trying to get the net set-up on Virtual PC. I just talked with my ISP cause my internet connection would crash on Windoze as I'm setting up Knoppix....which isn't a big deal, but of course there's no net on the Linux side either. My Isp said they were detecting 2 devices! 2 completely different MAC addresses. So I understand why they shut my down (that's one way to "uncap" a cable connection, run 2 two modems together which is illegal) Problem is I'm not using two modems and I don't know how to get Knoppix to have the same Mac address as Windoze so my provider won't cut me off.
My other problem is I go into "Knoppix-Configure-Create a Persistent Image" and it says Knoppix can't be saved to disk. I tried the Command Line Instructions I found in the e-book I'm using and they didn't work either:
"knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ /usr/sbin/mkpersistenthome"
Now my net keeps crashing on Windoze when I'm not running VM or trying to configure Knoppix. I just talked with my ISP and they seem to think there's something wrong with my network card now. Which would make sense, now that the whole PC seem to sporadically crash on occasion. I wonder if this isn't from where I tried to configure the network card on Knoppix? What a nightmare, I really like the features I've seen on the live-cd, but I'm begining to wonder if this is even worth it now.
Similar Threads
-
By Niramaya in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-29-2009, 08:31 AM
-
By im_a_noob in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-26-2008, 12:33 AM
-
By Nocturno in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-25-2006, 04:14 PM
-
By TimWhite in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
-
By kenblood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$349.99

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$200.00

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C
$45.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000 / A500 / A500 plus
$25.00