-
Unable to run knoppix-installer on Virtual PC
I'm trying to install knoppix on a virtual PC running ontop of Windows XP SP2. The virtual pc has the following config:
RAM : 128MB
HD : 20 GB.
When I run knoppix-installer as root, nothing happens and I have to control-C to return to the prompt. (In windows, CPU usage shoots to 100%).
Does anyone have experience installing Knoppix in virtual PC. I'd really love to be able to use linux even when I'm forced to use a Windows Laptop (without removing windows of course....after all it's not my laptop)
Similar Threads
-
By davidebond in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-19-2005, 05:59 PM
-
By ofredric in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-01-2005, 10:54 PM
-
By TimWhite in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
-
By kenblood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
-
By ndv2l in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350
$325.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00