-
saveconfig asking for password
When a friend of mine saves configuration to floppy and then restores it at boot with "knoppix floppyconfig" he gets a request for a password?
The floppy has knoppix.sh and configs.tbz files on it. He got it to save and restore from his hard drive but the floppy is giving him a hard time. I would appreciate any thoughts on what i occuring here.
Thank you
Very much
-
The script works fine for v3.4 and 3.7 but not 3.8 and 3.9.
We verified with MD5SUM's too.
????????????????
Any thoughts??????
-
Re: saveconfig asking for password

Originally Posted by
rebooter04
When a friend of mine saves configuration to floppy and then restores it at boot with "knoppix floppyconfig" he gets a request for a password?
That happened to me too. I always type "knoppix myconf=scan" very carefully now, and check it before I hit enter. There are several recommended commands for this action; I prefer what I have written above.
If I use "knoppix floppyconfig". I get that password muck up every time.
Similar Threads
-
By doglover in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2007, 08:00 PM
-
By tdbtdbatgmail.com in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2006, 04:35 AM
-
By haris in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 07:41 AM
-
By henla464 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 09:59 PM
-
By siebert in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2003, 08:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99