-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: DVD-burning under W98

Originally Posted by
dakota
Why not download it on your Laptop, and burn it over the network? Don't know wheather your burningsoftware can do it,....
Yup, I don't know either. It's another option to consider, if it works. I'm using Nero 6 as the burning tool (own a copy of NTI as well, and did get an update from their website that provided drivers for my DVD drive, so that will be another thing to try if Nero has issues). One issue about the burning will be that I'll likely have to have the ISO on a firewire box on the notebook, I shrunk the NTFS primary partition down to just what was needed for XP and the clutter that came on the notebook to make space for a Knoppix friendly FAT. So the burn will have to happen both across firewire and the network. In transfering files back and forth this way I can tell you it's not particularly fast. I guess I'll know in a few weeks if it's fast enough.

Originally Posted by
dakota
Like you already guessed right, the iso won't be too small, since there are over 9 gig software from the debian-pool in the next Knoppix release.
Yea, but there are said to be about 2 gigs of files on the 700 meg Knoppix CD. So 9 gig is cutting it close to the 4 gig FAT file size limit. Still, I betting thet they will not waste that extra space and the ISO will exceed the FAT limit.

Originally Posted by
dakota
Unfortunately, I don't remember package names. Not sure I even ever knew the package names. I do remember there was a nice Pool game that vanished after the first Knoppix CD I saw. And a lot of arcade type games seemed to vanish shortly after that. Maybe I'll have to dust off an old 3.1 CD and take a look. Is there a way I can determine the package name from looking at the CD and the game itself?
Similar Threads
-
By saman0suke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:25 AM
-
By dpatel512 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 12:34 AM
-
By jmario in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 08:42 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM
-
By Juozasg in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 03:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99