-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
OP4Latino
Nope. That was an interesting link, I wasn't aware of that issue, but it seems to be a different issue. What I saw between Win95 and Win98 was a LBA issue (Logical Block Addressing, a hack that has been added because modern drives had too many real cylinders to fit in with the MS way of accessing hard drives). It should not affect floppy drives. I'm guessing, but only guessing, that what corrupted the FAT partition between Win98 and XP was also an LBA issue. But whatever it was, it's there, and I don't move drives between Win98 and XP any more.

Originally Posted by
OP4Latino

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
Will Knoppix see my firewire external hard drive
For some reasons Kno 3.8 and up have a hard time to detect my USB and firewire devices, incluing my External HD. (I haven't make a post yet, but I will in a future). My workaround is start Kno and unplug/replug the device.
Thanks for that tip. I may also try just backing up to my 3.7 copy of Knoppix and hope that it supports the DVD burner.

Originally Posted by
OP4Latino
I have burned ISOs from the External HD before, but I don't know about your DVD burner.
Nor do I. Coud experiment now but I might as well wait until I have the ISO. Just considering all my options at this point since it looks like I'll have to put a bit more work into this than I normally do to burn an ISO.

Originally Posted by
OP4Latino
How did you do it without loose your data? Did you use a paid software?
Unfortunately, yes. I have a friend that owns a copy of Partition Magic. Since it was a notebook system it was easy enough to carry it to his place and shrink the partition. Made a backup first though, always a good move when doing stuff like that.
Similar Threads
-
By saman0suke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:25 AM
-
By dpatel512 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 12:34 AM
-
By jmario in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 08:42 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM
-
By Juozasg in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 03:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00