-
I have the video link, but being the impatient person (i.e. stupid) I am I didn't watch it and landed myself in a mess. As is probably obvious, I don't know what I am doing and am learning the hard way.
The hard drive install is only temporary as I read somewhere that it is easier to do it from the hard drive and I have the from HD remaster FAQ in front of me (also I can go on the web when I am stuck - which is all the time).
The size of the partitions is quite big because I thought that it would not matter if they were a bit bigger than needed as long as they weren't too small ( and also because my ext2 file systems on my attempt on my very small old laptop were read only and someone said that it might be because my drive was small) . I used the code (in root - su) chmod -w /mnt/hda1 to try to make them writeable but I guess I got that wrong. My FAT file and ext3 partitions on this computer are also read only
I do trawl through all the relevant forums regularly but to be honest I don't often get it.
If you are reading this save me from a hideous body under an express train situation and tell me the code for
1 making my FAT file and ext3 partition writeable
2. adding a boot folder/directory to either my ntfs partition or my FAT32. I have tried mkdir /mnt/hda1 (and hda7)/boot.
Similar Threads
-
By Dai777 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-31-2008, 01:12 PM
-
By sloanezilla in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2008, 09:41 PM
-
By sakiZ in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 02:28 AM
-
By Xeogears13 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 02:27 AM
-
By rdorsch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99