Just checking to see how things are going?
The PDF's created by Scribus are perfect for pre-press and Scribus handles my installed fonts better than any of the other programs.
Let me know how the progress goes and if you have any problems.
ok here are a few places you might want to contact.
www.cushing-malloy.com
www.sheridanbooks.com
This last company does quality leather binding gold leaf etc.
Bold print inc.
their web site is not fully up.
here is a contact: 1-800-551-8874
they may be what you are looking for.
Just checking to see how things are going?
The PDF's created by Scribus are perfect for pre-press and Scribus handles my installed fonts better than any of the other programs.
Let me know how the progress goes and if you have any problems.
Thanx for your concern! You've been a big help.
I'm currently trying to figure out QLyx and Scribus. These apps look like just what I need! I'll have to play around with scanners and voice recognition later on.
My wife is doing the interviews and copy, I have to wait for her to complete interviews to do transcriptions (hence voice recog) and then wait for her copy (hence QLyx and Scribus, etc).
Regards,
You can even run PageMaker or InDesign under Crossover Office (a modified version of WINE...) on Knoppix
An update on the bookbinding information, BookSurge, a company I use for 100% of my digital printing has now got hardcover books, these have dustjackets and gold foil lettering, their prices are really fair, check em out if you can.
www.booksurge.com
If you need a contact there I can pass along my rep's info.
Oh yeah, the KDE font control panel works 100% with Scribus, so just add fonts in KDE and boom you can use them in Scribus.
Thanx, I'll definitely have to take a look at your bindery!

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99