-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: no connection to internet with a T-Ethernet Modem

Originally Posted by
Lachinger
Hi
I try to get an internet connection with my Live CD Knoppix 3.3, it finds the ethernet card but cannot find the PPPoE Accsess Contractor (which I guess is the modem Speedtouch 500), so have anyone an idea what I can do?
I am a newby with this live-cd, but I like the idea, especially to get away from windows sooner or later.
Thanks for any idea Ferdinand
I'm not going to wast time looking up your modem and trying to guess which options you have.
If it's USB then skip to another response. Or get a modem with an ethernet connection.
If it does not have a built-in router (I don't think that model does), then get yourself an inexpensive DSL/Cable router.
See here for info I've written on this already today.
Similar Threads
-
By net2surfin in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-02-2007, 05:00 PM
-
By LinuxBlitz in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2006, 01:53 AM
-
By babelbrennt in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 05:09 PM
-
By CptKrf in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 02:35 AM
-
By Guest in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$65.00

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00