-
SOLUTION: How I print with Knoppix (3.8 and up)
I could print without any problems with Knoppix 3.7. However, I couldn’t print anything since Knoppix 3.8 went out. Also, I noticed some folks are having the same problems with their HP machines. Here’s how I finally was enable to print.
Boot Knoppix and right after Konqueror salutes you unplug your USB printer. Wait for like 3 seconds and replug it. Wait another 3 seconds. Presto, you can use any tool to configure your printer.
I’m pretty sure you can do the same to any other USB device that 3.9 won’t work with after the boot setup is done. This solution came out after I couldn’t mount my portable USB drive, even if an icon showed up (uba1) in the desktop.
I know everybody is now worry about to get Kno 4.0, but in the meantime we’re using Kno 3.9. I hope this will help to anyone.
P.D: I really mean it with unplug, replug right after KDE and konqueror load, I tried to load other program, then un/re/plug and it didn't work.
Lat
Similar Threads
-
By Xackery in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-11-2006, 10:07 PM
-
By colpitts in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 02:35 PM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum News
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 12:08 PM
-
By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By briansz in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

Vintage Seagate ST351A/X 43MB 3.5" IDE XT/AT Hard Drive - Spins Up / Untested...
$57.99

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh Color System Software 7.1 Floppy Disk Set 7 Disks
$15.00

Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00