-
Thanks for that. I've made the change to menu-xdg as suggested there anyway - I was having the same problem with some changes not being kept after a reboot.
But I've had the " KDEInit could not launch'/mnt/hda1' " problem for ten days or so, and nothing changes despite many restarts. What I do notice is:
- Konqueror in su mode can flip up and down the folder tree with no problems;
- If I set konqueror to open each folder in a new window, it works fine when I click on folders. But if I leave it set to use the same window, I get this problem.
It's as if konqueror not in su mode didn't have sufficient permissions for something. The main annoyance is that I have all the main folders on the desktop, but can't open them by clicking. I've cheated, and can get there by another way, but it isn't right.
Similar Threads
-
By Obscu in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2008, 12:25 PM
-
By Keithj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 09-10-2005, 05:55 AM
-
By Leipe_Po in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 01:34 AM
-
By sunlion in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 06:36 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$477.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$484.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 8GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$453.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99