Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Video Playback on 4.0 and 3.9

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Elkton, MD
    Posts
    3

    Video Playback on 4.0 and 3.9

    I just got the latest Knoppix DVD and I wanted to try it out. Well the first thing I tried was playing an AVI file from my jump drive. For some reason it was so slow that it is unwatchable. Now I have many live cds so I figured I would compare. I tested Kanotix and Mepis and neither one had any problem playing the file from my jump drive. I then tried the Knoppix 3.9 build and I had the same problem. Does anyone have any idea as to why this would be happening? I'd really like to know why this is acting like this ONLY in Knoppix.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    Don't know, but Knoppix 4.0 plays AVI files from my hard drive just fine.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Elkton, MD
    Posts
    3
    Mine plays them fine also from the hard drive. I was just curious as to why I had bad playback from the jump drive.

Similar Threads

  1. dvd playback drags when there is movement
    By spottyrover in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 10:46 AM
  2. DVD playback with Knoppix
    By Honkeychops in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 05:04 AM
  3. DVD playback howto
    By mzilikazi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 08:36 PM
  4. Poor DVD Playback
    By javahyper7 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 03:52 AM
  5. help Initializing DMA for faster DVD playback
    By warpedmind in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$729.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00