-

Originally Posted by
winsnomore
use xine to play dvd's. that works like a charm .. the ui could be better, but heck it s usable.
I am told mplayer plays everything but it's never available with any debian distro by default.
regarding mepis having few warts .. I agree, but there are issues with it .. and those have to do with debian .. the javavm one major hassle.
Other reason I moved to knoppix 4.0 is that they DID pick most of the new software .. kde 3.4 for one, and open office 2.0 beta.
I hate to constantly having to download install newer stuff after loading a new distro .. so knoppix is excellent .. has tons more software than mepis or fc or suse .. etc.
Hello...thanks for the reply.I was using xine(With mepis and it worked fine) but when I loaded the knoppix 3.9 on my drive something came up while booting that said my 'DMA' was not enabled.I'm not sure,but does that have something to do with dvd play?would that be the reason for libdvdcss2 not having a 'candidate' to go to when I tried to download it?I want to give knoppix another try,guess I'll wait for 4.0 to be available on one of the mirrors.As for Mplayer,that came with dvd rip and it works fine.I like xine a bit better tho.Actually I don't care what it is called as long as it plays the dvd's.When I get the 4.0 am I going to have to update my repositories before I can download libdvdcss2 and such,or is it all in the new knoppix?Thanks for the mail...kerry
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM System Z10 Type 2098 Mainframe (As-Is)
$6999.99