you can probably use klik to get the compression programs if its not default on the CD. klik.berlios.de (? not sure google it)
Hello,
I am using Live CD Versions 3.4 and 3.7 of Knoppix and they are great. My question is whether the new version 4 Knoppix Live DVD will support the RAR and UN-RAR commands. From reading other threads in the forum it appears that un-rar will not work in any of the live CD versions.
Many thanks,
Bob White
P.S. I have had no problem using Ark to unzip Zip files. It is only the Rar files I cannot do.
you can probably use klik to get the compression programs if its not default on the CD. klik.berlios.de (? not sure google it)
actually, after reading the post after this i had a look at the package list
http://www.virtualacuity.com/james/k...other/list.txt
ark is there
Thanks for the replies. What I really meant to ask is whether Ark will actually work with rar files in Version 4 of Knoppix? It does not work in Versions 3.4 and 3.7. ( It works perfectly with zip files, far easier than Winzip in Windows.)

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00