-
Thanks for all your help so far..
especially for alleviating my fears on that ' mount /dev/tmp ' command (haven't rebooted yet) - I will NOT "Save Knoppix Config" now, but will try it some other time, when I'm ready to blow away a partition for good 
Yes - I need to understand the 'concepts' of Unix/Linux (knowing the naming conventions, CLI switches (' -h ' as opposed to DIR /a /o:n as in DOS) and how to use them - and the way the directory structure works/mounts... that's a concept not seen in win) - I have never used them in the past, no programming exp, mostly just stuff picked up over the years of being self-taught and using technical books and www for hardware learning -- ask me how to do anything in 98, and I can help 
Soon to be weened completely from MS shackles
wonderful info;
I'm experimenting as I'm writing, but the questions will continue if I don't end it here, in this thread anyways (for now anyway) - I got us way off-topic, but that's ok by me 
you'll be seeing me around alot 
Doh! 
I previously wrote *edit 1- and I don't see /etc/inittab, I found init.d but no inittab inside
Well - it turns out I couldn't find it b/c I was looking for a DIRECTORY, not a FILE ...Doh! this file DOES exist in /etc
Similar Threads
-
By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2006, 11:48 PM
-
By gadgerama in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
-
By sammiantha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 06:53 PM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By billstei in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2002, 12:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99