I'm currently remastering a remastered version of knoppix 3.8.1, and I've upgraded kdelibs4, and installed the kdebluetooth packages. Using the menu based scripts, in my chrooted environment, I go back into my Xwindows environment only to find all the menus I spent hours building are history.
If I copy over the applications-kmenuedit.menu file from my original /etc/skel/.config/menus into /home/knoppix/.config/menus/ and restart X, it still won't read the file and restore my customized menu.
Where did I go wrong, and do I have to spend hours rebuilding them again? or is there a way I can use the existing file?
Thanks.

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00