-
Burning a backup disc using K3b
Hi everyone,
I've been looking through the forums and also checking online elsewhere, but I can't seem to find any answers. Here is my situation:
My laptop (Fujitsu Lifebook, Series C, just about one year old) gave me the blue screen of death yesterday as I was sorting through my files to make a backup DVD. Fatal System Error, system has been shut down. It wouldn't even boot into safe mode. So I went onto my stepdad's computer, burned a Live boot CD of Knoppix (V 3.9) and booted it up using that. I can get to my hard drive just fine and all my files are still there, but I am having problems burning my files onto a backup DVD. I have a CD/DVD burner on my laptop, that's not the problem. The problem is, I only have one-- it's the only CD/DVD drive that I have. When I get everything ready in K3b to burn my backup disc, it says to insert a blank DVD... but won't open the drive. Is it even possible for it to eject the live boot disc in order to burn a different disc, or do I need to install another CD/DVD drive and burn it from that one? Or am I (and my laptop) just being dumb?
Any help with this would be very greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Guenivere
Similar Threads
-
By jets in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2008, 07:49 AM
-
By Arbatras in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2007, 05:44 PM
-
By popjack in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-28-2005, 08:55 PM
-
By airkyd in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 05:10 PM
-
By juham in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95