-
Webcam Driver
I'm running Knoppix installed on HD (Debian).
The webcam is a Sansun SN-510. USBview sees it, but paints it red which I suspect means "not working". I suspect that means "no driver".
Googling tells me there is a driver for it - I've downloaded spca5xx-20050701.tar.gz which should be the right version. I've extracted that as per the instructions.
However, "make" brings up an error message -
/bin/sh: /usr/src/linux-2.6.11/scripts/gcc-version.sh: No such file or directory
which is then followed by a selection of further error messages.
There is indeed no /scripts/ folder in /usr/src/linux-2.6.11
Searching the machine finds no gcc-version.sh anywhere. I'm assuming Knoppix comes without it.
Is this a lost cause? Is there any other way to get a driver to where Knoppix needs it?
Similar Threads
-
By Crazydude in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-15-2006, 02:15 PM
-
By beko in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:31 AM
-
By airplays in forum Ideas
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 04:48 AM
-
By lvenneke in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 08:38 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95