Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Which Cheatcodes Were used ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Decatur Il
    Posts
    17

    Which Cheatcodes Were used ?

    Hey All
    Is there a way to find out which cheat codes I used when I Live booted ?
    My Uptime is 13 days , and I can't Quite Remember that long LOL
    The Clock was running 3 to 4 times faster that it should , I rebooted a few times with different codes , and when it was working right , I launched Stanford's Folding @ Home and Let her rip ......
    Thanks
    Larry

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    dmesg maybe?
    try:
    dmesg > dmesg.txt
    and then view the file.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Decatur Il
    Posts
    17
    That gives me a Long Thingy about USB ..... Starts at address 30 , about every 4th one has:
    Code:
    usb 2-2.2.1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 34
    input: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [Mitsumi Electric Apple Extended USB Keyboard] on usb-0000:00:13.0-2.2.1
    input: USB HID v1.10 Device [Mitsumi Electric Apple Extended USB Keyboard] on usb-0000:00:13.0-2.2.1
    usb 2-2.2.2: new low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 35
    input: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB Trackball] on usb-0000:00:13.0-2.2.2
    and ends with address 99 ... but No Boot codes.

    It was Two of these: noapic noagp noapm , and I think the first two , I'll have to do Trial and error again.
    It's a new MSI RS480M2-IL MoBo with an AMD 64 3200+ 939 socket , Dual channel ram ( 2 X 512 MB ) , and Does Folding just Fine !
    I'm using the on board Video , running live from an old 48X CD Rom. I have a 4.2 GB HDD I'm going to try to install to , but that's for another day
    ( I did get Knoppix installed on my Celeron D w/ a 6 GB HD drive tho ! )

    When I Do a lspci , I get
    Code:
    0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 5950
    0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 5a3f
    0000:00:11.0 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 437a
    0000:00:12.0 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4379
    0000:00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4374
    0000:00:13.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4375
    0000:00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4373
    0000:00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4372 (rev 04)
    0000:00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4376
    0000:00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4377
    0000:00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4371
    0000:00:14.5 Multimedia audio controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4370
    0000:00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
    0000:00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
    0000:00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
    0000:00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
    0000:01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 5954
    0000:02:03.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
    0000:02:04.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host Controller (rev 80)
    That's a whole lotta " Unknown device "
    But it runs !

    Would I be better off deactivating what I'm not going to use in the BIOS , sound , serial , parallel ,PS2 , firewire ... or just leave it Default ?

    Thanks
    Larry

    ( Can you tell I'm a Linux Noobee ? )

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    It must be some where because when you run install-knoppix it looks it up to add it to Lilo.conf

    (You could do most of an install, then before it really starts open a console and
    see what the lilo.conf file has listed [it does add two or three to the list though])

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Decatur Il
    Posts
    17
    dmesg | less
    works well with the Celeron D which is installed to HDD ..... part of the printout is:
    Code:
    Linux version 2.6.11 (root@Knoppix) (gcc-Version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-8)) #8 SMP Sun Mar 
    20 21:09:51 CET 2005
    <Snip>
    Kernel command line: auto BOOT_IMAGE=Linux ro root=301 ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init 
    lang=us apm=power-off nomce quiet nofirewire nopcmcia
    <snip>
    Tomorrow I'll try and install to HDD on the AMD 64 ..... Wish Me Luck
    Larry

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    159
    Code:
    # cat /proc/cmdline
    will show you the kernel boot invocation

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Decatur Il
    Posts
    17
    That Worked ! Thank You ! I used:
    cat /proc/cmdline > ~/CMDLN.txt
    Code:
    ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix BOOT_IMAGE=linux noapm noapic nosgp
    Larry

Similar Threads

  1. can I add cheatcodes before burning CD?
    By redss in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 09:17 PM
  2. how to use cheatcodes after HD install?
    By mantoy in forum Laptops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 12:11 PM
  3. cheatcodes being ignored by GRUB
    By brentmid in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 02:56 PM
  4. Cheatcodes ..where is it ?
    By larryks in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2003, 12:43 PM
  5. Cheatcodes
    By George Wiedmann in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 05:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY picture

ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY

$359.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95