Hi,
I am new here, having some mad troubles with my computer.
It gives me the "Pri Master HDD Error" message upon startup, so I cannot do anything with the hard drive, cannot boot up at all, can't even re install windows. The BIOS detects it as a 40gb hd, when it is a 30gb hd. But the key is, the BIOS detects something, so I know its somewhat still alive. I can hear it running as well, so its not dead just yet.
I booted up Knoppix 3.9, and it does not recognized the hard drive. I set it as my slave, and booted up fine on a primary that I just bought, it detects the primary and shows hd1 on the desktop, but nothing else. I tried unplugging, and plugging it in as a primary, but then Knoppix does not detect any hard drives at all. Is there any hope for me to still access my files, or is my hd dead? Please, I really do need these files. Willing to try just about anything at this point.
Thanks,
Avi D

VeloCloud Edge 840/Supermicro 505-2 Server 32GB RAM/Intel Xeon D1518/240GB SSD
$325.00
$280.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W
$200.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99