I have the same problem.... but I uninstall the video card.... if someone give you the solution please send it to me
Hallo,
I have installed Knoppix 3.7 onto my HDD and now have changed
the Graphics card, Firewire card etc. The boot is automatically loading
Hardware profile from etc/modules and still assuming my old Graphics card.
And finally I dont get any Desktop but only a shell/command prompt.
Can someone tell me how I can force my HDD install to rescan my Hardware
once and everytime ?
Thanks and Regards
Bala
I have the same problem.... but I uninstall the video card.... if someone give you the solution please send it to me
Hi, I just posted this same reply to a similar question dated August 3 --
*** Boot Knoppix from CD, and copy the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 that it creates, to your HD. Worked for me. ***
This doesn't answer your exact question, but will get your X server running.
cheers

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$500.00
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS
$1450.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50