I have the same problem.... but I uninstall the video card.... if someone give you the solution please send it to me
Hallo,
I have installed Knoppix 3.7 onto my HDD and now have changed
the Graphics card, Firewire card etc. The boot is automatically loading
Hardware profile from etc/modules and still assuming my old Graphics card.
And finally I dont get any Desktop but only a shell/command prompt.
Can someone tell me how I can force my HDD install to rescan my Hardware
once and everytime ?
Thanks and Regards
Bala
I have the same problem.... but I uninstall the video card.... if someone give you the solution please send it to me
Hi, I just posted this same reply to a similar question dated August 3 --
*** Boot Knoppix from CD, and copy the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 that it creates, to your HD. Worked for me. ***
This doesn't answer your exact question, but will get your X server running.
cheers

8x Gold Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Transistor Cordwood Modules B2500/B5000
$149.95
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips
$79.00
4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99
One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage ASUS SPAX-M w/ Socket 7 AMD-K6-2 64MB SDRAM
$79.96