-
my remastered knoppix boots very slow
I have remastered my knoppix 3.9, following the knoppix offical HOWTO.
I remaster the knoppix to support Chinese language.
After chroot,
1. I have removed all games, other localization packages (the i18n s), and stuff that I think is not needed
2. Then installed the Chinese localization package, Chinese input method.
3. After that I did a apt-get upgrade
Then I rebuilt the iso image (it's about 690 MB), and burnt to a CDRW.
However, when boot the remastered CD, the boot process stops at the X window (only shows the background and the mouse pointer) for a long long time, before it shows the KDE startup screen.
Any idea what is the problem? Could it due the the "apt-get upgrade"?
Thanks a lot.
Bob
-
hi bob,
I am new here. I also interested to include Chinese language support in my remaster CD.
Could u please list the steps on how to installed and find the Chinese localization/input method?? or at least direct me to some guideline information?
Really thanks a lot..
-
1. Follow the remaster HOWTO steps, to chroot stage
2. use apt-get to install:
kde-i18n-zhcn (Chinese localization resource for kde)
fcitx (Chinese input method)
ttf-arphic-bkai00mp, ttf-arphic-gkai00mp, ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp, ttf-arphic-uming, ttf-arphic-ukai (optinal Chinese fonts)
3. follow the rest of steps in the remaster HOWTO to complete the remaster
-
HI pubo
I want to remaster Knoppix 3.9 to support chinese, too.
But fcitx I add doesn't word correctly. I used apt-get to add fcitx into knoppix, and every thing look well, I mean the chinese KDE interface, however fcitx doesn't work. Whatever I press Ctrl+space or shift, I can't change input mode.
I have changed LANG and LC_TYPE to zh_CN.gb2312, and add XOMDIFIERS and G_FILENAME_ENCODING environment variable, and they seem output correctly using echo.
This questiong troubled me days and nights, I try scim also, but it can't change anything. If you have any suggestion , pls contact me.
-
You should check the printenv | grep XMODIFIERS, you should get it set or you can not activate the fcitx also, i think the place to set is /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig or xsession file, make a try
maybe you need to vi ~/.fcitx/config to let fcitx show Chenese charactor,
In fact you need a lot of adjustment to have a complete Chenese environment
i have remastering a Kanotix which is base on knoppix with perfect Chinese support named Canotix but
now no links to download it.
Similar Threads
-
By cheezboi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2007, 10:43 PM
-
By askadar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-22-2005, 02:53 AM
-
By javiergarza4 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2005, 06:59 PM
-
By natrius in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 06:19 PM
-
By j0x in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99