-
Trouble booting from usb-cdrom
Hello,
I'm trying to test a remaster on a Dell rackmount and running into some problems. The remaster works fine on other computers, but can't find the usb cdrom drive to mount the image on the rackmount. (There is not an internal cdrom drive on this rackmount.)
So, I tested the same server with some unmastered versions of Knoppix. Knoppix 3.7 boots perfect using a 2.4 kernel - but then it can't see the SATA hard drive. Knoppix 3.8.2 and 3.9 both have the problem of not being able to find the cdrom. However, if I boot 3.9 with "knoppix debug" at the boot prompt, it works great! I did not do anything different during boot time - I simply typed 'exit' at each command prompt it gave me during boot time.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what the debug boot does different from a regular boot that might help it find the usb cdrom? My goal is to be able to make a remaster that will boot this server unattended. (The remaster will then be used to help us rebuild another server at a Co-lo.)
TIA,
Jacob
-
Ok, failing that, can anybody tell me where to find these BOOT_IMAGEs? And what would I need to do to examine their contents, are they gzipped or anything? I'm hoping I can edit the 'debug' image to make it work without user intervention.
Thanks!
Jacob
Similar Threads
-
By britonk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
-
By achtunga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-27-2005, 10:32 PM
-
By Blaurens in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 11:07 PM
-
By Polo2883 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
-
By hpljs1200 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00