Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.8 and /usr/src files

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.8 and /usr/src files

    Hi guys,

    I have installed linux 3.8. I like it but I find that the /usr/src/linux2.6.11 directory is completely empty.

    Can I obtain a iso image of Knoppix Linux 3.8 that has all of the source files already pre installed?

    If so where ?

    2. If I can 't what is the easiest way to get the source files in the directory with the corresponding modules.

    I am trying to install other software and I get an error says that it can't find the /usr/src files and sure enough they are missing.

    3. Is there a version of knoppix source file that does have the kernel sources included..

    Please help.
    Thanks
    Marcias

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I am trying to install other software and I get an error says that it can't find the /usr/src files and sure enough they are missing.
    Are you trying to build programs from source?

    It's an interesting exercise, but it's very seldom needed on Debian (which is, essentially, what a HD install of Knoppix is).

    Try this:

    connect to the Internet.

    su to root and do:

    apt-get update && apt-get install synaptic && exit

    You can now use synaptic to find the source files you need (if you insist on installing stuff from source) --- you certainly won't need the source of everything! Or better, you can almost certainly install the program you want through synaptic (just use the search tool).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    What I am trying to do is install zaptel and libpri

    Hi
    Thnaks for the response. The main purpose is that I am trying to install a VOIP server. I have been running one using a version of linux called Asterisk@home (VOIP server). Unfortunately there are some things I cant do with asterisk at home and I am returning to installing asterisk in a linux platform and re-configuring it. In order to install Asterisk I need to install zaptel and libpri both which requrie files in the /usr/srv/linux2.6.11 directory.

    I am in the process of trying to do yor recommendation at this time.

    Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

    Marcias

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix 5.3.1 & files
    By arsen.ba in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 12:43 PM
  2. Can I Zip files with knoppix ?
    By Peter42y in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 08:55 PM
  3. Using Knoppix to Recover MAC files?
    By madmike in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 11:27 PM
  4. C compiled files with Knoppix
    By kepler in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM
  5. Add files to Knoppix CD?
    By dping28 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator picture

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator

$220.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes picture

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes

$65.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s picture

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s

$319.99



vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us picture

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us

$29.99