Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Need Help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3

    Need Help

    I downloaded Knoppix because I had a partition problem, on one of my partitions I could not gain access to an important folder because it had password restrictions, I downloaded knoppix hoping to solve the problem, but the thing is now that I want to copy the stuff out of the folder, it won't let me take it to the hard drive, how can I copy the files in a place I can access on windows without burning a cd??

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    This is neither a tip nor a trick. Here's a tip, at least learn to post a question in the proper news group if you hope to get an answer. Here's another: you didn't really post enough information about your system for us to give you a simple answer to your question. I don't have the time tonight to write many paragraphs of all the different issues and options, so I'm not going to even try. If you want someone else to give you good help you will at the very least need to tell them what MS OS you are running. Better yet would be to include the number of partitions that you have and their type. And depending on the answers to these questions, the answer may be that you can't.

    You could also read through the forums and find the many times these types of questions have been answered before, that would give you a quicker response than asking again and expecting someone to write up the information again for you, or expect to have someone else do the search for you and provide you a link.

    I'm moving this to a different forum since it certainly doesn't belong in Tips and Tricks.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3
    I have windows xp, its jsut two partitions, but I'm not sure of their type, how can I find this info out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 3TB HDD

$589.00



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00