Eco2Geek,

hmmm, if the ¨installer¨ told you to jump off a cliff, would you LOL - just kidding, the installer actually didnt say a thing, huh??? Sounds like a Microsoft product to me [giggle]

I guess the whole point I was trying to make, and failed misserably at it, nothing new, was, that a new person might not know to dissable some things. Whereas, I have had to use that boot: cheatcode from day-one... On my third ¨oldest¨ system, I have a hard drive ( secondary master ), that refuses to accept DMA, so that one, I have to remember to add the NODMA entry into the bottom of my bootmisc.sh file ( hdparm to be precise ), just for that hard drive, mind you...

After you boot a few Knoppix, and a few Kanotix, OS -es, you ¨learn¨ what your hardware likes, and dislikes... But, as my point was, how would a new person know this

Your point to Linux is actually correct though, I wasnt taking that away... Windows has ¨always¨ been the quinticential idolization of new persons, for its easy of use, ease of install, and ease of hardware ¨Plug ´n Play¨, amazing that ¨something¨ was found that it didnt do!

As the score still stands: Linux 1, Windows 0
Ms. Cuddles