-
My Situation...
Alright, here we go:
I have my old workhorse of a laptop, the Compaq Armada 4220T, which I reserected from the dead. origonally, it had a 6.4gb HDD, but almost half of it was dead. I cut the part that was bad into it's own partition, and installed Windows 98se on it. That worked...for about 3 months. so I purchaced a New Toshiba MK2018GAP 20gb HDD. It was registering only to 7.15gb. so, I thought it was defective, and was about to send it back, until I got a laptop HDD adapter for $3.00, and hooked it up to my dad's Windows XP box, and ran my trusty Knoppix 3.7 12-8-2004 build CD, booted, and I ran QTparted, and she found her right away. there she was, 18.16gb (some of it is taken away fro drive structer). well, I installed Knoppix on the HDD, and threw (well, gently placed) it in my laptop. It booted fine, and then we hit a snag.
at the loading screen, the info spilled over past the monitor. WTH? the fun didnt stop there. in the KDe, she was spilled over not only vertically, but horizontally. That, plus the internal mouse (trackball) didn't work AT ALL. Wierd, beacuse during loading, it said found generic PS/2 mous at dev/psaux. so I thought, maybe it's borked. I restarted the beast, and hooked up my old Logitech Model M-C48 grey wheel PS/2 mouse to the port, and she loaded. SAME PROBLEM!! I rebooted AGAIN, and tried the inland optical PS/2 wheel mouse from my dad's computer, which I KNOW works, because it works just fine when I loaded the KDE, and works flawlesly. Then, I rebooted again, and got my old trusty Microsoft Serial Mouse 2.0A, back when Microsoft made quality products. well, hardware, at least.
So, here I sit, typing this at 9:30, and I need a solution. fast. oh, before I forget, here are the specs:
Compaq Armada 4220T
Pentium 266mhz, though Knoppix claims it is a Mobile Pentium @ 287mhz.
64mb ram (32mb internal, 16mbx2 dimm sticks)
Toshiba MK2018GAP 20gb HDD
internal 1.44mb floppy drive
24x CD-ROM (can't read CD-Rs or CD-RWs, that's why I cant boot Knoppix off the laptop, and have to do it on my dad's rig.)
Ports:
1x RCA video out
1x VGA 15-pin monitor port
1x 25-pin printer port
1x 9-pin serial port
1x PS/2 mouse/keyboard port
2x PCMCIA card slots
1st card slot: Compaq brand CF card PCMCIA adapter, filled with 128mb Sandisk CF card
2nd card slot: 3Com Etherlink III ethernet card
Knoppix v3.7 build: 2004-08-12 (December 12th, 2004).
that's about it. thanks for ALL the help, in advance. -digital
Similar Threads
-
By DAaaMan64 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-22-2006, 10:22 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 04:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00