Next time you can skip the knx-hdinstall.
try this.
kde3
menu
knoppix
root shell
type in cfdisk
do your paritioning.
Zak
I used the knx-install program to fdisk a hard drive that I was putting Win98 on for a customer. The hard drive used to have linux on it and as most of us know, fdisk for dos won't remove a linux partition. I booted with a knoppix floppy and the knoppix CD. I booted using the knoppix 2 mode and went to "cd /usr/local/bin" loaded "knx-hdinstall"and used cfdisk to delete the partitions from the drive.
Next time you can skip the knx-hdinstall.
try this.
kde3
menu
knoppix
root shell
type in cfdisk
do your paritioning.
Zak
Actually, just about any of the single floppy linux distros can do this, using fdisk. I reccomend HAL 91, partly because it's generally cool, but also because one of the maintainers is Christian Pearl, who wrote the knx-hdinstall script.
I've used cfdisk just for this purpose on linux and fdisk in windows. You guys mention fdisk like its in linux. Is there a linux fdisk? If so, what's the difference between fdisk and cfdisk?
Yes. There is fdisk for linux also. The differences between cfdisk and fdisk are some extra switches and different use of the same switch. Do man cfdisk and fdisk then you'll see what I mean.
mag
another difference is that fdisk is similar to fdisk for windows/dos where as cfdisk gives user a graphical interface
Ya, the GUI would be the main difference, making it much more easy to do stuff and not have to consult a document or the help for the flags and what not. Much easier to use.
A main difference between fdisk and cfdisk:Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
If you, with fdisk, delete a logical partition within a set of logical partitions, the next partitions will change their numbers to n-1. If you create a new one in the place of the deleted it will get the number of the highest number+1.
cfdisk doesn't change the numbers of logical partitions.
tom

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Lot of 5x SFP-10G-LR CISCO 10-2457-02 10GBASE-LR SFP+ Transceiver
$75.00
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch
$175.00
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99