I need to put a patched madwifi-bsd module onto a knoppix disk. I am currently having some trouble getting onto a remastered disk.
Here is what I have done:
- Followed the remastering how-to up to the point of adding/removing packages
- Added the kernel-source-2.6.11 package
- Unpacked that, copied the config from /usr/src/linux
- Ran make
- unpacked the current madwifi-bsd-cvs driver to /usr/local/src
- patched it with a few changes
- compiled it telling it to use KERNELPATH=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.11/
- ran make install
- Followed the remastering process from there.
- from there I booted the new iso, and now my atheros card is not even detected
I have successfully used the madwifi-bsd-cvs and the patch on slackware, but would like to add it to a knoppix distro for upcoing testing.
Is there an easier way to compile a new module for Knoppix? Are there additional steps that I should have taken?
Thanks.

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
$280.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00