Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Touchpad extremely sensitive and will not click drag

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58
    Thank all you good folk with excellent ideas. the "psmouse.proto=imps" from pestie worked excellently. The accelleration was still a shade fast but absolutely nothing like it was. At least I won't have to carry an external mouse to use Knoppix on the road.
    Foam.. Have you tried morphix yet, it booted clean and I had NO problems on the ze4500, not even screen res probs. I usually set the knoppix parm 1024x768 . I have most distributions from 3.3 up except 4 & 5, I gave them away then accidently deleted my isos. Is there a download site for the older distros?
    By my hand ~ I Remain
    Captain Cautious

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Germany - deepest Bavaria ;)
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by pestie

    Code:
    psmouse.proto=imps
    Thanks It just works perfect

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Cautious
    Foam.. Have you tried morphix yet
    I have, in a sense. I have used PHLAK and Overclockix which are derivatives of Morphix. I have to say that I enjoyed using both, but my current setup is limited to Kanotix, Windows XP, and WHAX (White Hat Slax) and I'm pretty stable with those.

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58
    Foam but I'm just now buildin: I finally found PHLAK. Hell of a tool isn't it. I'm not familiar with the second tool you indicted I am building up my tool kit against the time when the "thought police" start deleting such sites. I had a funny, if not so plesant experience with PHLAK. I was copying an article from the disk to a flashdrive to print later and forgot that I was still in root mode, well guess what... Bye Bye MBR on the flashdrive. I overwrote it with the article. The rest of my data is there but I've not had any luck with fixing the mbr and wondered if you have any ideas. "We live, we learn or we die..."

    In Service - I Remain
    Captain Cautious

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    200
    Jeez... try this:
    copy the partition to a backup file using
    dd if=/dev/sda1 of=/home/knoppix/flashbackup.img
    wipe the drive using
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda
    and then format the drive with mkfs.vfat
    then push that image back to the /dev/sda1 partition with
    dd if=/home/knoppix/flashbackup.img of=/dev/sda1

    see if that works... If not, you haven't really lost anything because the data is essentially toast now - we're just trying to rescue it.

  6. #16
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58
    Good Day folks,
    Foam, Thank you VERY much for the input. I copied that and placed in in my referrence book as I could not find haw to re-format the Flashdrive. I finally recoverd all but about 20 MB and as it turns out, the only things I had no backups of or otherwise stashed files somewhere else. Oh well I may get to re-do that story later, if I remember it. I ended up using a recovery demo that recovers windows clusters as clusters rather than raw data as a result I only lost the stuff I'd used open office or linux on. After I got that data I tok the raw data stream that I'd made earlier and pieced together about 13 MB more and the rest was such a mess I flushed it. I learned a good leson there but It would be really nice if I could figure out how making th fd writable then copying the file took the MBR, I didn't think that was possible, Live & Learn... Again thanks a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 05:13 AM
  2. Unable to drag/drop folders from an old hdd to a usb hdd.
    By jheaney in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 05:37 PM
  3. Hyper-Sensitive Touchpad
    By Jameson in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 08:54 PM
  4. KDE drag and drop of menu items - unstable
    By zxc in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 03:38 AM
  5. How do you turn off tap click with a touchpad.
    By gotsanity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga 1200 New Case And New Keyboard picture

Amiga 1200 New Case And New Keyboard

$343.69



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



✅ Chip for Commodore Amiga ⭐ CSG 8372A 318069-02 ⭐ FAT AGNUS ⚡️ picture

✅ Chip for Commodore Amiga ⭐ CSG 8372A 318069-02 ⭐ FAT AGNUS ⚡️

$67.14



Commodore Amiga 500 - UK/PAL - green screen - for parts/repair – case damage picture

Commodore Amiga 500 - UK/PAL - green screen - for parts/repair – case damage

$149.00



DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested picture

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested

$285.00



Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested picture

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested

$999.99



Vintage Commodore 1702 CRT Video Monitor 1984 for C64 Amiga Retro Gaming Tested picture

Vintage Commodore 1702 CRT Video Monitor 1984 for C64 Amiga Retro Gaming Tested

$300.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$219.00



✅ 2 Chips for Commodore AMIGA 500 / 2000 ⭐ ODD/EVEN CSG 8520A-1 ⭐ EXCELLENT ⚡️ picture

✅ 2 Chips for Commodore AMIGA 500 / 2000 ⭐ ODD/EVEN CSG 8520A-1 ⭐ EXCELLENT ⚡️

$33.54



Vintage Amiga Perfect Sound Digital Sound Sampler With Adapter Untested picture

Vintage Amiga Perfect Sound Digital Sound Sampler With Adapter Untested

$100.00