ThanksOriginally Posted by pestie
It just works perfect
![]()
Thank all you good folk with excellent ideas. the "psmouse.proto=imps" from pestie worked excellently. The accelleration was still a shade fast but absolutely nothing like it was. At least I won't have to carry an external mouse to use Knoppix on the road.
Foam.. Have you tried morphix yet, it booted clean and I had NO problems on the ze4500, not even screen res probs. I usually set the knoppix parm 1024x768 . I have most distributions from 3.3 up except 4 & 5, I gave them away then accidently deleted my isos. Is there a download site for the older distros?
By my hand ~ I Remain
Captain Cautious
ThanksOriginally Posted by pestie
It just works perfect
![]()
I have, in a sense. I have used PHLAK and Overclockix which are derivatives of Morphix. I have to say that I enjoyed using both, but my current setup is limited to Kanotix, Windows XP, and WHAX (White Hat Slax) and I'm pretty stable with those.Originally Posted by Capt. Cautious
Foam but I'm just now buildin: I finally found PHLAK. Hell of a tool isn't it. I'm not familiar with the second tool you indicted I am building up my tool kit against the time when the "thought police" start deleting such sites. I had a funny, if not so plesant experience with PHLAK. I was copying an article from the disk to a flashdrive to print later and forgot that I was still in root mode, well guess what... Bye Bye MBR on the flashdrive. I overwrote it with the article. The rest of my data is there but I've not had any luck with fixing the mbr and wondered if you have any ideas. "We live, we learn or we die..."
In Service - I Remain
Captain Cautious
Jeez... try this:
copy the partition to a backup file using
dd if=/dev/sda1 of=/home/knoppix/flashbackup.img
wipe the drive using
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda
and then format the drive with mkfs.vfat
then push that image back to the /dev/sda1 partition with
dd if=/home/knoppix/flashbackup.img of=/dev/sda1
see if that works... If not, you haven't really lost anything because the data is essentially toast now - we're just trying to rescue it.
Good Day folks,
Foam, Thank you VERY much for the input. I copied that and placed in in my referrence book as I could not find haw to re-format the Flashdrive. I finally recoverd all but about 20 MB and as it turns out, the only things I had no backups of or otherwise stashed files somewhere else. Oh well I may get to re-do that story later, if I remember it. I ended up using a recovery demo that recovers windows clusters as clusters rather than raw data as a result I only lost the stuff I'd used open office or linux on. After I got that data I tok the raw data stream that I'd made earlier and pieced together about 13 MB more and the rest was such a mess I flushed it. I learned a good leson there but It would be really nice if I could figure out how making th fd writable then copying the file took the MBR, I didn't think that was possible, Live & Learn... Again thanks a lot.![]()

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Rare Vintage Apple 820-0729-B PC Compatibility Card PCI PowerMac
$299.00
Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items
$100.00
Vintage Apple IIe Computer Model A2S2064 Main Unit - For Parts / Repair - AS IS
$99.00
Rare Vintage Apple Computer Promo Set Rainbow Logo Towel Polo Shirt Report Pad
$199.99
Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands
$249.95
Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras
$149.99
Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD
$299.99
Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different
$99.99
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00