-
Accessing internet, not neighborhood -???
Howdy! I'm somewhat new to Knoppix, and Linux as a whole. As I explore the OS further, I find myself digging a hole through cement with a shovel. Anyway, I installed the OS to my harddrive, and it boots great. I open Konqueror, and I access the internet no problem, but I'm having trouble setting up the network. How do I change the name of the computer(not user)? (at the bootmenu, computer name is displayed). And how do I assign (or create) a workgroup to browse from/within?
Similar Threads
-
By Ander in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 12:27 AM
-
By KillYourRadio in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 03:48 AM
-
By standmatt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
-
By chief in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
-
By warpedmind in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99