Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: W-LAN Ericsson ha691 Pcmcia

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4

    W-LAN Ericsson ha691 Pcmcia

    Hi! I am new to linux, Knoppix is really cool!!
    I have a Sony Vaio laptop and want to surf the net with my Pcmcia Ericsson HA691 and Ericsson Router,unfortunately in Knoppix 4.0 i didn't find any right configuration for that.
    Googled for any ericsson HA691 drivers without results.
    Any help please?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4
    I add more info>
    When booting linux i see:

    CardMgr 1539 starting version 3.2.5
    CardMgr Socket 0 Siemens Gigaset Pc Card ||
    CardMgr Executing modprobe atmel_cs
    CardMgr Executing ./network start eth0
    .. /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
    ../sbin/pump -i eth0 > dev/null

    Then when i run the console with: Su root privileges
    iwconfig eth0 i receive:

    IEEE 802.11-DS ESSID: ``
    Mode managed Frequency: 2.427Mhz Access point FF:00.00.00.00....
    Bitrate 11Mb/s
    retry min limit 7 rts thrff fragment thr: off
    encryption: off
    power management: off link quality:0 signal level:0 noise: 0


    with ifconfig in console i read:
    inet address 127.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 (but i know my router i setted up to mask 255.255.255.24
    up loopback running mtu: 16436 metric:1

    i also have tryed command Pump -i eth0 but result error.
    Please help me.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4
    Hmm! Finally i configured my W-lan card this night!

    I used Netcardconfig command
    filled all the settings in the wizard and then run
    Pump -i eth0 (where eth0 is my W-lan card).

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTech
    Hmm! Finally i configured my W-lan card this night!

    I used Netcardconfig
    compiled all the settings and then run
    Pump -i eth0 (where eth0 is my W-lan)
    You compiled with netcardconfig? It's not a compiler. I think you are using the word improperly and have no idea what you did. I hardly see how you could have done all the wireless setup with netcardconfig either, since it has no concept of wireless settings like SSID.

    Perhaps you would be willing to document the actual full commands that you did (like you did for pump) for each step?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4
    Sorry,I have corrected now.
    NetcardConfig is all I used,it asked me for my SSID too.
    The only problem I have now is to restore settings from floppy:
    On linux boot I write down:

    Linux myconfig=//mnt/auto/floppy

    I also have tryed:

    linux myconfig=scan

    Both without success,could you suggest me the right command? Thank you.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 11:21 PM
  2. Booting from pcmcia cdrom: pcmcia modules floppy image?
    By gjhicks in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 05:44 AM
  3. pcmcia
    By w00dy986 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 05:04 PM
  4. Ericsson ADSL modem probs
    By bcalder in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 10:36 AM
  5. Orinoco Wireless PCMCIA / Dell 1150 PCMCIA Support?
    By Guest in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS picture

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS

$15.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95