-
Senior Member
registered user
HDD install, LAN access for one dialup email account?
I have two systems, both hard drive installed, one holds the printer, and serves as the print server for both systems ( so I've got network LAN printing setup ). I also have nfs LAN access between each system, so file and remote logins are setup on both systems.
What I am having a problem with is, we use a single dialup access to the world, System#1 has email through the one access account, and downloads, then removes from the ISP email account, all the recvd emails. System#2, just downloads the email, and leaves the email on the ISP's server, so that System#1 is, more or less, setup as the "server" for email, in essence.
What I would like to do, is, setup System#1 to get, and distribute, email to itself, and System#2, and still remove the email from the ISP server.
Mostly, the target solution here, is, to get System#1 to recv emails only, and PASS "Debian Security Announcements" through a forward ( LAN access ) email account, to System#2 ( as it stands now, I "Save" these files to local disk, then nfs the saved email file over to System#2, in a setup folder. But System#2 has to open the files as files, and doesnt have KMail set to look in this folder for its emails, it downloads them from the ISP still )
Can KMail be set on System#2 to look in this folder for its emails, ONLY? Or do I need to go with the forwarding emails, setup a LAN email account for System#2, and set System#2 to access its email from this instead?
Whatever solutions, can it be "noobie" explained, I have never taken on something of this, nor the seriousness of what this is all about ( I have the theory, but no practical doings of network email setups )
Thanks for any, and all, information, advice, and assistance,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By yalmaneffendi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2010, 10:01 PM
-
By RobertB in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 05:17 PM
-
By tsitras in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 11:52 PM
-
By Databug in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 10:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99