I have a new Dell TFT monitor. When Knoppix 3.7 has loaded the TFT turns black and says "D-SUB cannot be represented" (in German). I have tried all kind of settings to no eveil.
Walt Gallus
I have a new Dell TFT monitor. When Knoppix 3.7 has loaded the TFT turns black and says "D-SUB cannot be represented" (in German). I have tried all kind of settings to no eveil.
Walt Gallus
It sounds like knoppix is doing the best it can at autodetecting the video hardware & getting it wrong. Try booting knoppix with some Cheat Codes, such as:
knoppix screen=800x600 xvrefresh=60
knoppix screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=85
I hope this helps.
James
Thanks for help, James.
The Cheat Code did the trick - it works now.
Walt Gallus

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99