-
Xine,DVB-s & total newbie
Hello this is my very 1st post in any linux forum.
I have successfully installed knoppix 3.9 on hdd. I would like to use my Hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S under Knoppix but came across a few problems. I dont know how to install any 3rd party app though. I tried it with kaffeine following the instructions but failed badly.
Then I came across xine and the dvb button. ok I hit it and it said it cant find a channel-list. 1st thought was "ok lets find a channellist". No prob at all but installing it. although i made the knoppix-partition read/write in its properties i can't write anything to it. the next problem is that i dont know where to copy the channels-conf to, well if i could lol.
I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me at this point. Either getting xine to work or any other app if xine can't handle dvb-s. Oh and please don't post thousand of links like the dvb wiki or linuxtv one. i've been there but i am helplessly lost.
Thanks in advance,
Andy
Similar Threads
-
By KathiSharpe in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 13
Last Post: 07-05-2005, 08:27 PM
-
By swishsticks in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 06:08 PM
-
By liquid134 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 07:07 PM
-
By gizmo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 05:12 PM
-
By drbfunk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 20
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 05:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00