-
MESS
Im not sure if this is the place to post. I had knoppix 3.8 live cd and was trying to install it onto my hard drive. I made a linux-swap partition using the qtparted v0.4.4. The linux-swap partition is about 500mb and the rest is windows NTFS partition. Theres no more space on my drive to creat a second root partition for linux. When I try to delete the linux-swap partition I get the error "The partition is mounted", so I tryd to boot back into windows and get a blue screen with the error 0X000000ED (0X8172D030, 0X000014F, 0X00000000, 0X00000000) . So.... I put the windows installation disk in tryd to run chkdsk /r and fixboot in the command prompt and it wont let me it states another error wich I cant remember. Back in qtparted it says that the linux-swap partition is busy?!
Any one have any suggestions at all???
Any help would be appretiated, thank you. Razta
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix boots with a splash screen. At that splash screen you can enter codes which will force Knoppix to do certain things. Theses codes are known as Cheat Codes. You will need to use:
knoppix noswap
It will disable swap partition so you can remove it.
-
Thank you!
Ive read the link to the cheat codes found it very usefull. Just posting this to say thank you and to let others know my progress incase any one ells is as dumb as me.
I havent tried the codes yet because im still at work but here they are:
knoppix noswap (if you get an error try)
knoppix mem128M (capitol M)
Ive also been told to try
umount/mntswap
Thanks again will keep you all posted.
-
umount/mnt/swap
the last code is
umount/mnt/swap
not
umount/mntswap
-
Senior Member
registered user
that umount/mntswap
might not work
To disable swap from a currently running system, the command:
sudo swapoff -a
-
Thank you!!!
Got home run knoopix.
Typed "knoppix noswap" on the splash screen
Run qtparted by typing "knx2hd"
Deleted the linux-swap partition.
Comitted it.
Rebooted.
Tadaaa..... WINDOWS!!!
Thank you for your help!
I ow you one!
Similar Threads
-
By parj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-23-2006, 08:57 PM
-
By cheti12 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-20-2006, 07:22 PM
-
By db109 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2005, 04:03 AM
-
By frugalyankee in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 03:48 AM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00