Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Printer driver petition

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334

    Printer driver petition


  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I too feel it is important for manufacturers to support Linux, but is this the correct forum for it? Shouldn't this be in The Lounge?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    This is a very important petition, no dubts about it.
    But I think that the linux community is understimating another important question that in this case refer to printers. I'm talking not strictly about drivers but of these kind of utilities that comes as attachment cds in packaging with printers. This is why I'm coerced to keep winXP at work. The printer software let me to select 4 levels of quality printing (high, normal, medium and low), and I make many good quality colors printings with medium option saving a lot of ink. Linux instead give me only a generic color or b/w option.

    This is my thought.
    Maybe I've said stupid things and there's a link that can help me to solve this problem? Post it!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    i find it funny that xandros actually can find me printer??

    i agree that there should be support for linux... damm those people who ignore us...

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sydney/Australia
    Posts
    311
    >>
    I too feel it is important for manufacturers to support Linux, but is this the correct forum for it? Shouldn't this be in The Lounge?
    >>

    This is the Lounge, unless it was somewhere else.


    I don't like the tone of that partition ... threats just alienate. I don't really think they care whether you use there product or not really.

    Consistent, calm lobby is better

    Have you had a look at the Asus site ... now there's a real one-eyed company for you (grin)

    jm

Similar Threads

  1. Symlink for a printer driver
    By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
  2. printer driver
    By rocker452 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:40 AM
  3. I need a printer driver.
    By sethosayher in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 08:13 PM
  4. I need a driver for my printer.
    By MPenza in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 05:01 AM
  5. Printer driver installation problem.
    By massai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 05:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2 picture

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2

$32.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver

$4.99



Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch picture

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch

$700.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99