Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: localhost not working

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45

    localhost not working

    I have knoppix 3.9 on my hdd.

    I have started apache with apachectl start.

    When I point a browser to http://localhost
    I get the browser timing out.

    I get the same result with http://127.0.01

    With my static IP address assigned to me temporarily with my dsl provider, I can view my defualt apache web page.

    Any help?

    In my /etc/hosts file I do have the following:
    127.0.0.1 box1 localhost

    Thanks

    Jerry

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45
    Thank you very much UnderScore. You saved the day.

    I appologize for not finding this myself.

    Jerry

Similar Threads

  1. Mail relay for localhost?
    By mattsavigear in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 12:24 AM
  2. Telnet - localhost
    By newtolinux in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 11:07 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:28 AM
  4. [url]http://localhost:631[/url] No Joy...
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 03:34 AM
  5. using [url]http://localhost:631[/url]
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-10-2003, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR

$47.99



HPE 10/25GbE 2Port SFP28 Intel E810 OCP3 Network Adapter NIC 2 Port 10G 25G 25GE picture

HPE 10/25GbE 2Port SFP28 Intel E810 OCP3 Network Adapter NIC 2 Port 10G 25G 25GE

$609.00



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001 picture

HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001

$100.00