Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: The Command TORAM with MYCONFIG=/mnt/sda1

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    20

    The Command TORAM with MYCONFIG=/mnt/sda1

    I have an idea and would like to install KNOPPIX in 1 gigabyte of RAM... I also have a configuration home persistant diretory saved on a USB memory drive and a configuration file saved on floppy disk. My question is... can I install KNOPPIX in RAM using the TORAMcommand and then using MYCONFIG=/mnt/sda1 at the same time.

    KNOPPIX TORAM MYCONFIG=/mnt/sda1

    At this time I only have 512 megs of ram... so I'm not able to test this... If these commands work together. I can have a configured KNOPPIX working out of 1 gig of RAM, I would be willing to invest in several gigabytes of memory if this works. So far I am not sure if this can be done...

    --Tommy

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    43
    I don't see why not. I use toram, and it behaves exactly as it would running from any other drive, just a ton faster and quieter.

Similar Threads

  1. no sda1 (usb pen) option
    By katana in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 07:20 PM
  2. Could not make folder /mnt/sda1/Win2k_Ghost_Image
    By atman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 09:12 AM
  3. knoppix-installer on sda1
    By rabinhood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 01:53 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:52 AM
  5. Cannot detect sda1
    By altalingua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC picture

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC

$69.99



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco picture

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco

$89.99



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair picture

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair

$50.99



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880

$7.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00