Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Firewall Tool in 3.9

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Firewall Tool in 3.9

    I am using the GUI firewall tool that is supplied in knoppix 3.9. I want to allow incoming access to ssh and an application server on port 62856. I've set the mode to expert even though I 'm not. When I start the firewall I can't connect on the ssh or application port. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Note, I'm not using NAT and there is no firewall in front of of the PC. Below is the contents of /etc/sysconfig/firewall.iptables

    Code:
    # internal interfaces
    iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
    
    # all outgoing
    iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
    
    # SSH access
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
    
    # Application access
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 62856  -j ACCEPT

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5
    Ok, figured out the problem. After turning on the firewall I ran the command "iptables -L" to get a list of all the rules. I noticed that the rules I added in firewall.iptables were being appended after the DROP all rule. The solution is to insert the new rules before the DROP all rule. Just use "iptables -I" instead of "iptables -A"

    So here it is.
    Code:
    # SSH access 
    iptables -I FROMINTERNET 3 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT 
    
    # Application access
    iptables -I FROMINTERNET 4 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 62856 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

Similar Threads

  1. Using Partition tool
    By Richard Kalp in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 01:19 PM
  2. Knoppix -> USB tool
    By beerak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 09:03 AM
  3. knoppix3.7 und isdn-tool
    By Albrecht Benz in forum German Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 09:38 AM
  4. about speedstep tool
    By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 11:12 PM
  5. mii-tool -F 10baseT-HD Where can I put this line?
    By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM

$289.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS picture

POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS

$179.85



HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC  picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC

$750.00



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$649.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$159.99