Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: USB key / Saving system settings

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    USB key / Saving system settings

    Hi,
    I've gone through the following steps on creating a persistent home directory & saving system settings:

    http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/...n/index20.html

    The home directory appears to be ok, the img is on USB key and mounts on boot when I use knoppix home=scan. The problem is that when I go into the menu, select Configure, Save Knoppix Config, I only have /mnt/floppy listed as an option, no USB or /mnt/uba1? As I mentioned the USB key is working (home directory image is there) it is mounted and I did remove the "read-only" flag in the settings. The USB key is a Kingston 256MB version. Any help appreciated.

    bonggo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    anyone have any ideas to try?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: USB key / Saving system settings

    Quote Originally Posted by bonggo
    The home directory appears to be ok, the img is on USB key and mounts on boot when I use knoppix home=scan. The problem is that when I go into the menu, select Configure, Save Knoppix Config, I only have /mnt/floppy listed as an option, no USB or /mnt/uba1? As I mentioned the USB key is working (home directory image is there) it is mounted and I did remove the "read-only" flag in the settings. The USB key is a Kingston 256MB version.
    Open Konquerer. On the left panel, click on devices. Find your USB key and click on it. You should see the file knoppix.img. Do you?

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    Hello Robert.
    I upgraded to Knoppix 3.9 and now it works fine. Thanks for the reply

    bonggo

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by bonggo
    I upgraded to Knoppix 3.9 and now it works fine. Thanks for the reply
    Glad to hear you got it to work. What version of Knoppix were you using before?

    BTW, the link you posted looks like it was for Knoppix 3.7 or earlier.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Similar Threads

  1. saving files& system settings to usb live knoppix flashd
    By majorstar in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 05:50 PM
  2. saving settings
    By ozgurgerilla in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 11:00 AM
  3. saving settings
    By punkpaddy in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
  4. saving settings
    By ankit in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 03:23 AM
  5. Saving settings to a URL?
    By true1ever in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 02:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$239.00



Supermicro SYS-222H-TN 2U 2x 6780E 144 Core 1.5TB DDR5 8x7.68TB NVME Rails picture

Supermicro SYS-222H-TN 2U 2x 6780E 144 Core 1.5TB DDR5 8x7.68TB NVME Rails

$79657.99



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00