anyone have any ideas to try?![]()
Hi,
I've gone through the following steps on creating a persistent home directory & saving system settings:
http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/...n/index20.html
The home directory appears to be ok, the img is on USB key and mounts on boot when I use knoppix home=scan. The problem is that when I go into the menu, select Configure, Save Knoppix Config, I only have /mnt/floppy listed as an option, no USB or /mnt/uba1? As I mentioned the USB key is working (home directory image is there) it is mounted and I did remove the "read-only" flag in the settings. The USB key is a Kingston 256MB version. Any help appreciated.
bonggo
anyone have any ideas to try?![]()
Open Konquerer. On the left panel, click on devices. Find your USB key and click on it. You should see the file knoppix.img. Do you?Originally Posted by bonggo
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
Hello Robert.
I upgraded to Knoppix 3.9 and now it works fine. Thanks for the reply
bonggo
Glad to hear you got it to work. What version of Knoppix were you using before?Originally Posted by bonggo
BTW, the link you posted looks like it was for Knoppix 3.7 or earlier.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HPe Proliant Microserver Gen10 AMD Opteron 16GB RAM, 3x Intel SSD, Working
$600.00
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00