-
Hi,
as I alreaday mentioned, the dvd is working perfectly, I can boot it flawlessly on other machines, or copy it to another one. The Md5 sums of course match, I check that regularely before burning an image. The image is from the torrent networtk of course, or is there another official source already?
I want to point out again that the problem is not that the software crashes, my major concern is that a piece of hardware (in this case my dvd drive) crashes after trying to boot knoppix. I can reproduce that behaviour here anytime.
What really makes me wonder is why knoppix is trying to access that device as /dev/hdc - does it think my dvd drive is a harddrive an use a wrong routine to access?
Please also note that after the knoppix splash-screen where I can select the boot , the error-message mentioned above is the first (and only) message I receive.
Similar Threads
-
By Nils in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:24 AM
-
By Athauglas in forum General Support
Replies: 21
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 03:03 PM
-
By eXisTeNz in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 03:13 PM
-
By BradC in forum The Lounge
Replies: 20
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel SDK-86 8086 Microprocessor System Design Kit Evaluation Board
$599.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92

Vintage Compaq Presario 1800-XL1 Laptop Computer 1456VQL1N w Win Key
$34.99

Vintage Computer Motherboard Used
$250.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00